Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1st Birthday Party

LB's first birthday anniversary is soon approaching.  He'll turn 1 year old on December 4th.  There are only two people up here who would be interested in coming.  All our family lives over 3,000 miles away and won't be able to celebrate until we get down there for Christmas (if we get the leave).  I'd love to have a nice birthday for him since it's his first and that is a very special one I think... but with no one to invite I just don't know.  I also am not sure I can handle the stress of cleaning house and decorating right now either.  I'm hoping it's just hormones, but my depression is worsening.  I've begun using a "happy light" to replace the vitamin D we Alaskans lose during the dark winters but haven't noticed a change yet.  I even put my Christmas tree up today.  Seeing the lights on it always lifts my mood so DH agreed to let me put it up before Thanksgiving this year.


If I do throw a party, I was thinking I'd do a Rubber Ducky theme.  It's what I planned since I found out I was pregnant.  I just don't know if I'll be able to pull it off without making myself more stressed and depressed.  On the one hand, I know he will never remember if we have a birthday party for him... but on the other hand, it's a big deal and should be celebrated, not just for him but for his dad and I as well.  This last year has been rough on us all and DH won't be here for LB's second birthday anniversary.

Have any ideas on throwing a low key party without the stress?  How can I create something memorable and have fun doing it without turning it into a stressful thing?

{Last Photo from Corey Williams Photography}
blog comments powered by Disqus
Little Bit
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers