Monday, January 24, 2011

Finding Normalcy

I feel like I've been sucked up into a whirlwind again.  I suppose in a way we are every time we move.  I have all the boxes inside the house unpacked, save my craft room which isn't my biggest concern right now.  Next I will be moving on to the giant mountain of boxes in the garage closet.  To give you an idea of it's size since I can't even get in far enough to take a picture... it could house two riding lawn mowers and a grill.  At the moment it is stuffed floor to ceiling, wall to wall with boxes.  I plan on taking out and unpacking three a day.

These are the boxes (well mostly, since some were mislabeled) that were still unpacked from our last move and taking up all that room in our bedroom.  I'm going to have to be very ruthless and trash or donate about half of the items in the remaining boxes.  We are currently about 2,000 lbs over our limit for what the Army will pay to move.  At least, according to the weigh slips we are.  Personally, unless we are going to receive a bill from the Army 2 years after our last move, I have no idea where we acquired 3,000 lbs of stuff in the last year.  Oh well, the fact of the matter is that I am sick of all this clutter, which is all my fault by the way, and I am ready to let it go.  No, not just let it go... get rid of it!  Wish me luck... I'm going to need it.

Pictures are coming sometime soon.  I bought some new curtains since the sun will be staying out longer and longer from now on but I have no ladder to hang them with.  We have one problem window on our stair landing that has an arched window above it.  Normally that would be a beautiful design feature... but in Alaska where the sun doesn't set until 1am and rises by 4am in the summer...  well you get the point.  It happens to shine right into our bedroom too.  During the winter wouldn't be too bad except for the street lamp right outside our front door.  I like the safety, but it keeping me up all night is not fun.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Little Bit
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers